INTRODUCTION AND SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
Those who wish to excel their career in Engineering and looking forward for joining IIT, NIT and some other colleges required to participate in AIEEE 2018 examination. This examination is also known as JEE Main 2018. Interested candidates need to appear in the examination by filling the application form via official link and start with the preparation soon. Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an engineering entrance examination conducted for admission to various engineering colleges in India. It is constituted by two different examinations – JEE Main and the JEE Advanced. The exams are of the objective pattern. In 2012, the government-run Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) that earlier conducted the AIEEE, announced the JEE that replaced the AIEEE and IIT-JEE. The JEE-Main, which replaces AIEEE, is for admission to the National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and some other colleges designated as “centrally funded technical institutes” (CFTIs) The JEE-Advanced, which replaces IIT-JEE, is for admission to the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs). Only the students selected in JEE Mains are eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced. About 220,000 students are selected each year. There are some institutes like the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs), Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, and the Indian Institute of Science which use the score obtained in JEE Advanced as the basis for admission. These are not participating institutes of central IIT JEE Advanced counselling of which all IITs are members. Any student who takes admission to IITs cannot appear for the JEE-Advanced exam in the next year, but the same is not the case with IISc, IISER, RGIPT and other institutes as these institutes only use JEE Advanced score for admission.
Some changes in Year 2018: There are some changes in the AIEEE 2018-19 examination. Because this time,there will be 40% weightage that will give to board marks and 60% to the JEE main score. This is so for admission to NIT (National Institute of Technology). However, year 2018 has brought some changes which leads to the admission to NIT based on the main scores in JEE Main scores. Recently the government-appointed panel recommended for dividing of the weightage given to the marks attained in board exam.
AIEEE 2018 Eligibility Criteria:
Every examination has its own eligibility criteria and thus for AIEEE 2018-19. Here are the eligibility criteria details:
- Those who have born on or after Oct 01, 1990 can apply for AIEEE 2018 examination. But those who belong to categories such as SC, ST, and PWD will be age relaxation with the upper age limit by 5 years. This means that those who are born on or after Oct 01, 1985 are eligible to apply for the examination. Date of birth will be considered mentioned in the certificate of Secondary Education Board or University
- Those who have passed class 12th or some equivalent exam in 2014 or 2015 or else those who are appearing in class 12th or some equivalent exam in 2018 can appear in JEE Main. Those who have completed 12th, qualifying examination in the year 2013 or prior and those who have appeared in the examination in the year 2018 or later not considered valid for appearing the JEE Main 2018.
- It is crucial to know that number of subjects in QE includes at least five subjects in 12th to be eligible for written JEE Main 2018. On the contrary, those who have taken four subjects not permitted to appear in the written test of JEE Main 2018.
- The application for JEE Main is provided via online mode. Make sure for filling the application form and upload the signature, thumb impression, as well as photograph. Ensure to keep a hard copy of the form for avoiding all the emergency cases.
- There are situations where offer of admission need to be move for verification of the original documents during the time of admission. If you are found ineligible even after seeking admission then cancellation of the admission will take place at the same time.
Exam Dates 2018
- Application Form Availability Date: November 2017
- last date of the Application form to submit: December 2017
- Download the Admit Card: March 2018
- Paper 1 JEE Main 2018 Date (Offline ): April 2018
- Offline JEE Main paper 2 Exam Date: April 2018
- Online JEE Main paper 1 Exam Date: April 2018
- Answer Key publish date: April 2018
- Last date to check JEE Main 2017 official answer key: April 2018
- All India Ranks announce for JEE Main 2018: July 2018
Subject combination for each paper and type of questions in each paper are given in the table below
|Subjects||Type of Questions||Duration|
|Paper I||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Objective type questions with equal weightage to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||3 Hours|
|Paper II||Mathematics – Part I
Aptitude Test – Part II &
Drawing Test – Part III
|Objective type questions
Objective type questions
Questions to test Drawing Aptitude
Requirement of papers for different courses is given in the table below:
Scoring and Negative Marking
There will be objective type questions with four options having single correct answer. For each incorrect response, one fourth (1/4) of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.
For Further Information on JEE (Main), 2017 Visit www.jeemain.nic.in